Saturday, April 13, 2013

Phillies Baseball Network?

Every spring I look forward to the start of baseball season only to be disappointed by Comcast electing to cover Flyers, Sixers games on their flagship sports station CSN Philly instead of Phillies games. The Phils get the boot down or up the channel line up to TCN (The Comcast Network). This would not be a big deal if not for the fact that many television providers don't have this TCN channel.
From a tweet this week, I found those on Verizon Fios and Blue Ridge Cable, plus my RCN do not carry TCN. I am not sure which part makes me more nuts, the fact that after 3 years complaining RCN has done nothing to fix, or that Comcast thinks people want to watch Sixers or Flyers over Phillies games. I imagine it is much more complicated as ownership groups and Flyers/Sixers play in the same building as the Network, so I have shifted my displeasure to the Phillies. It is time for the Phillies Network to be launched. I know I can buy a digital package from MLB.TV and that may be the best option. I have a couple of Internet TV's that I assume will work with PC/Tablet to show game on TV, not sure though. Just seems like we are making this more difficult than necessary. I hate having to cheer for the Sixers and Flyers to lose and miss the playoffs, but unfortunately those at the mercy of Comcast have no other choice.

No comments: